The following is a list of guidelines for community league editors to follow when submitting articles for Community League News.
To view the 2022 print schedule please click here.
- Please submit articles in either a Word document or in a RTF (Rich Text Format) file format. Please do not use Excel or PowerPoint.
- Please do not include text boxes or dotted/solid lines to separate stories in your documents. Also, do not include graphics or photographs in your text documents for the following reasons:
- Sometimes the layout program we use will not properly import documents with embedded graphics/photos resulting in lost graphics/photos.
- The resolution of the embedded graphics/photos may not be high enough for commercial print purposes and the graphic/photo will turn out blurry when printed.
If you want to include photos/graphics for your stories, please attach them separately to your email. Your photos or graphics should have a resolution of at least 200 dpi.
- Please include in your covering email a priority list of your stories (1, 2, 3, etc.). Send your email with attachments and priority list to email@example.com.
- When you send your email, please include a read/receipt so we can let you know that we received your submission.
- Please submit your articles before the deadline listed on the print calendar. If you are going to miss a deadline, please let us know before the deadline.
- Editorial content is the responsibility of the community league. Please make sure of the accuracy of your submission and check for typos/spelling mistakes.
If you have any questions concerning your submissions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 780-434-9732.